Our Engine Quality
Our process guarantees unsurpassed quality in a remanufactured engine:
- Cores are inspected and completely dissembled.
- Major components, such as engine blocks, cylinder heads, crankshafts, connecting rods and camshaft are retained for remanufacturing - most other internal components are scraped.
- The engine block, cylinder head and crankshaft are cleaned in an environmentally friendly Thermo Cleaning System.
- All blocks and heads undergo a thorough crack inspection process.
- The block cylinders are bored to the first available oversize, with sleeves installed as needed.
- Most block deck surfaces' are milled to provide for both straightness and a proper surface for gasket retention.
- Engines are then diamond honed using a computerized hone.
- The blocks then go through a 3 step cleaning process.
- All new cam bearings, oil galley plugs, freeze plugs and cam plugs are installed.
- Reground or new camshafts are installed.
- A remanufactured crankshaft is installed with new bearings; rear seal and main caps are torqued to original equipment manufacturer's specifications.
- The remanufactured connecting rod is installed with the new pistons, rings and bearings, again torqued to original equipment manufacturer's specifications.
- All long blocks have the heads torqued to original equipment manufacturer's specifications. After assemble, the engine is tested on a Sims Spin Tester to verify oil flow and compression.
To help ensure the quality of your freshly rebuilt engine, please view our engine installation tips.